HOW SPIRITUALLY WHOLE ARE YOU?Nov 22, 2021 2021-11-14 17:41
HOW SPIRITUALLY WHOLE ARE YOU?
HOW SPIRITUALLY WHOLE ARE YOU?
Read: 2 Peter 1:5-11
“Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things, you will never stumble (2 Peter 1:10).
How spiritually whole are you? 2 Corinthians 13:5 says, ‘examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith’. Test yourselves. But what does a spiritually whole life look like? A spiritually whole life is:
- Sanctified and Holy. Holiness in all things is important. Hebrews 12:14 states that without holiness no one will see God.
- Soaked in scriptures. He or she meditates on the word of God. 2 Timothy 2:15 says study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- Filled with, and sensitive to the Holy spirit. Romans 8:14 says “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. He receives revelation and insight for self and others from abiding in God’s presence. Telling people what human teachers have taught them may be of some help, but the most impactful words are spoken by those who have been taught by the Lord. Revelation comes by being filled with The Holy Spirit.
- Fruitful in every area of human endeavour. John 15:5-6 states “I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned”.
- Filled with a sense of serenity and peace. Phil 4:6-8 says “be careful of nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known unto God, and the peace of God which passes all understanding will keep your hearts and mind”. Peace comes when your roots are deep in Christ.
- Lastly, a life of total surrender. Galatians 2:20 states “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the lifewhich I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Sound spiritual discipline of worship, prayers, fasting, bible study and godly lifestyle will help you achieve spiritual wholeness.
IN HIS PRESENCE is written by Oke Chinye
Have you asked Jesus Christ to come into your heart?
He says in Mathew 11:28, “come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” He longs to give you rest.
Would you like to do so now? Here’s a prayer you can say:
Dear Jesus, I believe that You died to save me from all my sins. Today, I invite you into my heart and I accept you as my Lord and Saviour. Please forgive all my sins and help me to live my life for You.
If you prayed this prayer, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to pray with you personally and send you a copy of my book; ‘Living the Life’ to encourage you as you begin your new life in Christ.
I look forward to hearing from you.