ARE YOU A GRATEFUL PERSON?Aug 25, 2021 2021-08-16 13:04
ARE YOU A GRATEFUL PERSON?
ARE YOU A GRATEFUL PERSON?
Read: 1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-18
“In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
Your gratitude to God should neither depend on the circumstances of your life nor should it be based on what is going on around you. The bible instructs us to be grateful and give thanks in all things. Developing and maintaining a heart of gratitude to God is one sure way to live a happier and more fulfilling life. Are you a grateful person? Here is a checklist for you:
• Grateful people are content with what they have. They believe that everything they own is from God. They eschew the self-entitlement mindset, believing they have received all by God’s mercy and grace.
• Grateful people attract peace to their lives. “Thankfulness creates gratitude which generates contentment that causes peace” (Todd Stocker).
• Grateful people are cheerful givers. Because they believe they have freely received from God, they are willing to freely give back to others.
• Grateful people easily forgive others. They acknowledge their own humanity and are willing to overlook the shortcomings of others. By extension, they are accommodating of others.
• Grateful people have no need to compare themselves with others. They are content with who they are and what they have. “But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise” (2 Corinthians 10:12). Grateful people are wise.
• Lastly, grateful people always attract God’s presence and blessings upon their lives. God inhabits the praise of His people (Psalm 22:3), and wherever God dwells, blessings are sure to abound.
IN HIS PRESENCE is written by Oke Chinye
Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour?
Jesus says in Mathew 11:28; “come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. No matter what you’ve done or where you’ve been, this invitation is for you. Jesus is knocking at the door of your heart; all you need to do is invite Him in, by believing and receiving Him.
Are you ready? Here’s a prayer you can say right now:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner in need of grace. I believe that Jesus died to set me free from my sins. Thank You Jesus for dying to save me. Please forgive me for all my sins and come into my heart. Be my Lord and Saviour. Fill me with Your Spirit and enable me to live for You from now onwards, in Jesus’ name, Amen
If you prayed this prayer, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know about it. I would love to pray with you personally and send you a copy of my eBook; ‘Living the Life’ to encourage you as you begin your journey with Jesus.
IN HIS PRESENCE is written by Oke Chinye.
Have you asked Jesus Christ to come into your heart?
He says in Mathew 11:28, “come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” He longs to give you rest."
Would you like to do so now? Here’s a prayer you can say:
Dear Jesus, I believe that You died to save me from all my sins. Today, I invite you into my heart and I accept you as my Lord and Saviour. Please forgive all my sins and help me to live my life for You.
If you prayed this prayer, send me an email at email@example.com
I would love to pray with you personally and send you a copy of my book; ‘Living the Life’ to encourage you as you begin your new life in Christ.