NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONSJan 01, 2023 2023-01-01 12:22
NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
Read: Ephesians 5:15-20
“See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil” (Ephesians 5:15-16)
If you are looking for new year resolutions, today’s readings highlight a few important ones.
- Do not be unwise; but redeem the time because the days are evil. Be very selective of what you do with your time: choose wisely the activities you engage in, the people you surround yourself with and the environment you spend your time in. Stay away from activities, people and environments that entice you to do evil.
- Understand what the will of the Lord is. You were put on earth for a purpose, and you will give account of how you accomplished this purpose on the last day. You must therefore be committed to this purpose.
- Be filled with the Holy Spirit and not with wine. Make abiding in God’s presence a lifestyle.
- Cultivate a habit of gratitude, giving thanks to God for all things and in all ways.
- Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things” (Phil 4:8).
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
IN HIS PRESENCE is written by Oke Chinye.
Have you asked Jesus Christ to come into your heart?
He says in Mathew 11:28, “come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” He longs to give you rest."
Would you like to do so now? Here’s a prayer you can say:
Dear Jesus, I believe that You died to save me from all my sins. Today, I invite you into my heart and I accept you as my Lord and Saviour. Please forgive all my sins and help me to live my life for You.
If you prayed this prayer, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I would love to pray with you personally and send you a copy of my book; ‘Living the Life’ to encourage you as you begin your new life in Christ.